New Pediatric Patients
E. G. Greenpoint Pediatrics welcomes new patients. Choosing the right pediatrician for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. By selecting our office, you can feel confident and comfortable that you have made the right decision.
To understand what to expect for your child's first visit to our practice, please read through this page.
Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our staff and our patients by consistently providing our patients with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
If you're preparing for your child's first visit, you can do a few things to help expedite the appointment. Please provide the following information when you arrive for your visit:
- Insurance cards
- Complete immunization records
- Medical records from your previous pediatrician
We are happy to provide our office forms for convenient download on your home computer. Please print and complete the forms below, and bring them with you to your child's first appointment. Questions about which forms you need? Please call our office and our courteous staff will assist you in preparing for your child's first visit.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE FIRST NEWBORN VISIT:
- Documents received upon hospital discharge
- Health insurance card
- Vaccinations` book
- “Newborn Screening” document ( pink card)
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR A NEW PATIENT VISITS:
- Vaccinations book or a record of vaccinations from the previous doctor and her/his telephone number
- Health Insurance card
- Patient Information
- Medical Record Release
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
The Initial Visit
Our compassionate city pediatricians do whatever it takes to make every visit to our office a pleasant, relaxed experience. With all of the important information about our practice available on our website, you can feel confident that you and child are well-prepared for your first appointment. We also invite you to review our staff page in order to get to know our doctors and staff. We look forward to meeting you.
In our office we offer the following tests:
- Urinalysis and stool samples (sent to a lab, but also done on premises through a dipstick or stool guaiac)
- PPD – tuberculosis screen
- Pregnancy test
- Hearing test
- Computerized vision screening
- Quick test diagnose strep throat, influenza type A or B and RSV bronchitis
- Blood drawing
Additionally, we perform:
- Warts removal
- Suture removal
- Wound dressing and care of burns
- Splinting, example: sprain, fracture, right before going to see specialist
- Urine catheterization
- Ear wax removal
Dr. Ewa Gawlik administers all vaccinations recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.